Is this really an EE?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Tooshay89, May 4, 2016.

1. Tooshay89

Tooshay89 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 25, 2016
    Central Florida
    So I posted previously about one of my three Easter Egger chicks feathering out way more slowly than the other two. This is still the case. While the others now have good sized tail feathers and are starting to get chest feathers, this chick still has no tail feathers and is very slowly getting wing feathers. When I looked more closely, I noticed her comb and legs look different too... the comb looks the same as a lot of my other chicks that aren't EEs and the legs are orange and not slate/greenish like the others. Now I don't know a whole lot about the EE breed other than they are a grab bag of fun, but is this yellow chick actually an EE?

The chicks are now three weeks old.

EE in question:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chipmunk EE:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Angie8eggs

Angie8eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2012
    I haven't owned any EE's yet, getting some in a couple weeks, with that being said, I don't think your first one is an EE because I thought they only had green legs? [​IMG]

3. Angie8eggs

Angie8eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2012
    It kinda looks like a Leghorn ..

4. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    EEs are mixed breeds. They can have any color legs, any type of comb, come in every color imaginable, have beards or not and lay whatever color eggs.

It sort of looks like it's slightly bearded, but I suppose it certainly could be a white Leghorn or rock.

5. Tooshay89

Mar 25, 2016
    Central Florida
    See, that's what I thought too. And I thought they had pea combs, or at least not the "standard" looking comb that this EE in question seems to have. The other two chicks legs turned that darker color after a week or so, but this one just looks different. Maybe I'm over-analyzing it, lol.

6. fancy girl

fancy girl New Egg

May 2, 2016
    The first one doesn't look like an EE to me. Probably a white leghorn. The second one looks like an EE. Those fluffy cheeks are always a give away. Those come in so many colors.

7. Gray Farms

Gray Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2016
    NW Missouri
    Agree 100%, its most likely an easter egger

8. Tooshay89

Mar 25, 2016
    Central Florida
    Oh good! I really hope so. Not that it would matter too much, it's a sweet chick, but I bought EEs so I was obviously hoping for those! lol.

9. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Loving the Autumn Weather Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    x3

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by