1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is this roo a Americana or Arocona or ??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SportTees, Mar 7, 2009.

1. SportTees

SportTees Chillin' With My Peeps

What type roo is this?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. chickenwhisperer123

chickenwhisperer123 Whispers Loudly

Mar 7, 2009
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    I believe he is an americauna because he isnt rumpless. Very pretty bird! Is he half blind? His eye looks weird in that last pic.

3. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    Eater egger !

And a heads up its Ameraucana and Araucana [​IMG] I had no idea how to spell the names either for a LONG time lol

By the way i like how when you click on you web site link your website comes out from the middle . Awsome !!!!!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
  4. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    I'm pretty sure that color is standard in Ameraucanas so he could by all means be a pure ameraucana.

his eye could be the third eye lid or whatever it's called during picture taking moving over the eye.

oh wait it's an EE it's comb isnt a peacomb i thikn that right there makes it an EE aka Easter Egger [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
  5. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Quote:Yeah you better not spell that wrong. [​IMG]

6. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2007
    Washington State
    It's too hard to tell from the pics. He appears to have good leg color and the coloration is consistent with a Wheaten Ameraucana. However, the comb appears to be disfigured.

He may be a true Ameraucana or he may be an EE that is pretty close to a true Ameraucana. You can see my website for a picture of a true Wheaten Ameraucana rooster.

Where did you get him? Why do you ask? Any other information you can provide would be helpful in us provide you with a more definitive answer.

God Bless,

7. SportTees

Quote:Thanks - I was told he was a Araucana when I bought him but I wasn't sure- What is the difference in Araucana and Americana?

8. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    Araucana have tufts and are rumples and Ameraucana have beards and tails [​IMG]

9. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    There is a possiblility that it is a Non-Rumpless Araucana but it's most likely an EE or Ameraucana. It doesn't have tufts on its face, but it does have muffs and beard. Just throwing out info.

10. SportTees

Here are the male offspring of the male above

[​IMG]

Here are some other female offspring - I think the one in front is the mate

[​IMG]

Hope this helps - Could you tell by the offspring if its a EE or americana??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by