Is this roo an Ameraucana?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Pebbles, May 17, 2009.

1. Pebbles

Pebbles Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2009
    Kingman, AZ
    I'm new to chickens. Got my order of 28 chicks in February. I only lost two. I can figure out what all my chickens are except these guys. I ordered 15 Ameraucanas, 3 Jersey giants, 4 Sussex and 4 brown leghorns. At first I thought the order goy messed up and I received mottled leghorns but it seems mottled leghorns are rare in the US and I can now identify my leghorns so I guess these are Ameraucanas but they look nothing like the other Ameraucanas I got with the order or like anyone elses Ameraucanas posted at BYC I have 2 roos and two hens with the same markings. What do the chicken pros think?

Thank You:D
    [​IMG]

2. chickenwhisperer123

chickenwhisperer123 Whispers Loudly

Mar 7, 2009
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Speckled sussex rooster..
    Cool looking little guy!

3. Pebbles

Mar 28, 2009
    Kingman, AZ
    OMG, well that explains why the four light yellow hens that I thought were the Sussex chickens have the muffs on their faces THEIR AMERAUCANAS [​IMG] These chickens have been sooo much fun. I just figured out yesterday who the brown leghorns were because of the white wattles (I think that is the correct term) for where the white dot is located on the side of their heads.

Thank you SOOO much!!!

4. jenni2142

jenni2142 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    South Carolina
    The wattles are the red things that hang down from the beak. Do you mean they have white earlobes?

5. Pebbles

Mar 28, 2009
    Kingman, AZ
    Yes, I meant earlobes...thanks:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by