Is this Rooster an Easter Egger (EE)?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MorgansManor, Nov 29, 2012.

1. MorgansManor

MorgansManor Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2012
    Southwest Arkansas
    I got this rooster from McMurray's hatchery as my mystery chick in July and I believe he is an EE?
    Do you agree? Thank you in advance for helping identify this breed. I will be posting him on the rehome forum after I have confirmed he is a EE.

Thanks
    [​IMG]

2. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    looks like a beardless EE

3. MorgansManor

Jul 12, 2012
    Southwest Arkansas
    Thank you

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Yep, ee roo. He's sure pretty with that blue coloring!

Just as an fyi, the free chick is almost always a rooster, often an ee roo.

5. sparrker

sparrker Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2011
    Baldwinsville, NY
    Definately an EE roo, looks just like my ee roo 'moe'

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. MorgansManor

Jul 12, 2012
    Southwest Arkansas
    Wow beautiful roosters. Are yours mean? I currently have 4 rooster and trying to decide if he should be a keeper. I have a 6 yr old daughter so no mean roosters allowed.

7. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Honestly, there are no large hatcheries right now that sell true Ameraucanas (just mis-labled EEs). I think My Pet Chicken is trying to start a program with true lines, but I haven't heard about people who have received the chicks yet. I noticed they just started offering them this year, so we'll see this summer what people end up with.

Edit to add link: Here's the link. It's a correct class of color, looks promising: http://www.mypetchicken.com/catalog/Day-Old-Baby-Chicks/Wheaten-Ameraucana-p1228.aspx

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  8. dolly85

dolly85 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2010
    You have a lovely EE. One of my favorite kinds of chickens! Murray Mcmurray has advertised this coming spring they will be selling TRUE blue Ameraucanas and possibly Wheatens.

9. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    That is really amazing news! I've personally written to them, trying to point out that their customers often end up here and disappointed that they sold them incorrect birds. I'm so glad that hatcheries are responding to their customers, and care enough about breed correctness to change thier approach.

10. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    wow $18 for a chick at mypetchicken with a maximum of 15....meyer's has the blue ameraucana in their catalog at the same price per chick $18 with a maximum of 8.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by