Is this Rooster an Easter Egger (EE)?

MorgansManor

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 12, 2012
Southwest Arkansas
I got this rooster from McMurray's hatchery as my mystery chick in July and I believe he is an EE?
Do you agree? Thank you in advance for helping identify this breed. I will be posting him on the rehome forum after I have confirmed he is a EE.

Thanks

Yep, ee roo. He's sure pretty with that blue coloring!

Just as an fyi, the free chick is almost always a rooster, often an ee roo.

Definately an EE roo, looks just like my ee roo 'moe'

Wow beautiful roosters. Are yours mean? I currently have 4 rooster and trying to decide if he should be a keeper. I have a 6 yr old daughter so no mean roosters allowed.

Honestly, there are no large hatcheries right now that sell true Ameraucanas (just mis-labled EEs). I think My Pet Chicken is trying to start a program with true lines, but I haven't heard about people who have received the chicks yet. I noticed they just started offering them this year, so we'll see this summer what people end up with.

Edit to add link: Here's the link. It's a correct class of color, looks promising: http://www.mypetchicken.com/catalog/Day-Old-Baby-Chicks/Wheaten-Ameraucana-p1228.aspx

Last edited:
You have a lovely EE. One of my favorite kinds of chickens! Murray Mcmurray has advertised this coming spring they will be selling TRUE blue Ameraucanas and possibly Wheatens.

You have a lovely EE. One of my favorite kinds of chickens! Murray Mcmurray has advertised this coming spring they will be selling TRUE blue Ameraucanas and possibly Wheatens.

That is really amazing news! I've personally written to them, trying to point out that their customers often end up here and disappointed that they sold them incorrect birds. I'm so glad that hatcheries are responding to their customers, and care enough about breed correctness to change thier approach.

wow $18 for a chick at mypetchicken with a maximum of 15....meyer's has the blue ameraucana in their catalog at the same price per chick $18 with a maximum of 8.....

Back
Top Bottom