is this rooster light brahma

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by beszchick, Oct 12, 2015.

1. beszchick

beszchick Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2014
    He has single comb and feathered legs i think that his tail is mixed looks like delaware tail and will his tail go curve shape ?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    With those feathers on the legs, it's either a very poor hatchery quality Light Brahma or else a Light Brahma mixed breed.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I think he is a mix

4. Akrnaf2

Akrnaf2 The educated Rhino Premium Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Center of Israel
    If you look at his tail feathers you can see some bared feathers, you should not have this type of plumage in a Columbian(light) feather pattern!
    He is a mix breed!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  5. Redeemed

Redeemed Chillin' With My Peeps

I certainly am no expert but for what it is worth I would ask how old this chick is before rendering a duess. My three have had heavyt feathering on their legs since birth. but I have sceen Marins develope feathers late useually starting at the lower foot . I now have two Marans and my three Bhramas .f they were sold as Brahmas mpst useually you can depend on them being what the Breeder says they are at least in my experience.

If you purchased them from a feed store sometimes staff can by accident get things mixed up.

6. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    what type of comb does he have?? from the pics I would say light brahma mix and I have a lot of them .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by