Is this Silkie chick blue or splash or...?

Yoshii

Songster
11 Years
Jan 28, 2008
Central Alabama (Chelsea)
Hi all! Just got my first Ideal order in today, which included a number of silkies! Now, most were immediately identifiable; I ordered two white, two BBS, two partridge, and two gray. The partridge and gray are the obviously chipmunky ones (though I'll be derned if I can really tell the two apart, aside from if I look REALLY CLOSE what I assume are the partridge have a sliiightly red cast), and the blue is... blue xD, and the two whites are whitish-yellow with a REALLY faint buff tint on places.

That leaves this little fella. He must be the other BBS chick, but he's just SO PALE. I'd think he were white if both of the other two white chicks didn't have the pale yellow/buff cast. He's more a pure white with a little silver cast to him. So, do I have a remarkably pale blue, a splash, or something else? Thanks!

DSCF4752.jpg

DSCF4754.jpg

Here is one of the white chicks, so you can see the yellow cast I'm talking about:

DSCF4778.jpg

i would say it is a blue

you are so liucky i got to wait a week before i get my baby silkies cant wait
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

White, huh? Well then! I learned something today xD! Looks like Ideal left a BBS silkie out, then ^^;.

Is there any particular reason the other two whites have the buff cast on them, and this one doesn't?

Back
Top Bottom