Is this SILLY looking chick a Cochin???????????????

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by naturegirl, Apr 23, 2009.

1. naturegirl

naturegirl Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2009
    Central New York
    This chick is the odd one in my group of 25 brown layers. Still can't figure out what He/She is. Any guesses???? It does have feathers on it's feet, It hasn't feathered out as fast as the others. It's legs seem rather long compared to it's body size, LOL:lol:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. naturegirl

Mar 24, 2009
    Central New York
    I have searched feather site and cannot find any bramas or cochins that look like this sweet little baby, any suggestions?????????????????????[​IMG]

3. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    sorry cant help but laugh, where did it come from???

i hatched a leghorn with feathered feet im excited to see if grow up

4. Decaffeinated Mommy

Decaffeinated Mommy Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2009
    Erath Co.
    Hmm, no clue was it is, but I am pretty sure it is NOT a Brahma or a Cochin, it has clean legs!

5. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    It might be a cochin cross. I have some little bbrs that their mothers are cochins and the father is a bbr and they have just a few funny looking feathers on thier feet and legs.

6. naturegirl

Mar 24, 2009
    Central New York
    I ordered 25 brown egg layer varieties and I chose to receive a rare breed free. I am certain this is the rare breed!! I ordered them from Mcmurray hatchery. Still have no idea what he/she is????????

7. Decaffeinated Mommy

Mar 19, 2009
    Erath Co.
    Maybe a Dark Cornish Bantam? I don't think it is rare, but that's what the chick's physique reminds me of.
    [​IMG]

8. naturegirl

Mar 24, 2009
    Central New York
    Could it be a "Mille Fleur d'Uccle? I was looking at pic's on feather site and that breed does have feathered feet and it looks like my odd chick. any thoughts

9. Decaffeinated Mommy

Mar 19, 2009
    Erath Co.
    Does it have a muff? The Mille Fluer seems to have a muff in the pics I am looking at one McMurray

EDIT:

How about a Partridge Cochin? I am having a hard time seeing the feathers on your chick's legs, but this is the only thing I have come across that has feathered legs and matches it's pattern
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  10. naturegirl

Mar 24, 2009
    Central New York
    i just took these pic's today, will be 4 weeks old tomorrow. I do not know what a muff is, I am a newbie!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can see the slight feathering on the top of the outer foot. It's legs are slightly featherd, if you look close you can see them in these new pic's

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by