1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is this silver blue salmon brahma or splash?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by thepeshop786, Aug 30, 2016.

1. thepeshop786

thepeshop786 New Egg

Jun 19, 2016
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So some breeder sold me these chicks a month ago telling me that these are the chicks of silver blue salmon brahma.. They were 2 months old at that time but now i see them no being like silver blue salmon brahma.. Now some people are saying that these are some splash or splash partridge or BSO.. Age in these pics is around 3months.. I seriously dont get what colour these 2 chicks are please help!! (Ignore the buff coloured chick in pics)

2. TheKindaFarmGal

TheKindaFarmGal Overrun With Chickens

May 4, 2016
    Somewhere in the Universe
    Not sure what color that is, but you have a cockerel.

3. Gray Farms

Gray Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2016
    NW Missouri
    Do you know what generation they are? Meaning first, second, and third generation crosses in making new colors can often throw color variations. While fourth and fifth generations will usually breed true.

4. thepeshop786

thepeshop786 New Egg

Jun 19, 2016
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These are the parents of these chicks

5. Gray Farms

Gray Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2016
    NW Missouri
    Definitely not splashes then. I'd say you got what you paid for. Excellent looking stock. Outstanding Brahmas.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    absolutely

7. thepeshop786

thepeshop786 New Egg

Jun 19, 2016
    Haha thank you guyz for ur help! But one problem is that their brother and sister dont look the same when they were of this age... I can show you there pics but they are 6monthd old now my friend has them
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by