Is This The Laying Song?!

Ruffian

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jul 25, 2009
I've read posts about girls singing the laying song...My girls have just now started laying and after 3 eggs, can't say that I have heard them sing.
UNTIL yesterday morning, when I heard what sounded like (for those of you that might remember) JANIS JOPLIN on steroids in high-def!
ep.gif

WOW!!
Oh, the golf balls REALLY do work. My first 2 eggs were laid under one of their roosts. I put a plastic golf ball in each of their nesting boxes and LO and BEHOLD found an egg this morning right next to the golf ball.
thumbsup.gif

Thanks for all the great info.

Quote:
The first video, near the end is the egg song I think

Well that doesn't sound like a song at all? I read another thread that the person said 'the egg song is to difficult to type phonetically' or something to that effect. What's so hard about typing 'bok bok bagOWK??

I have one who is a pretty consistent layer now. I can tell when she is about to lay an egg. She seems kind of distracted and makes a sort-of croaking sound. She seems to be torn between wanting to mingle with the flock or go back to the coop.

I though maybe i had pretty quiet girls. Until this morning, Wow I thought I had peacocks in the backyard. LOL Told DH well the girls are no longer a secret to the neighborhood. They were all singing to each other.

Back
Top Bottom