Is this this early bumble foot?

Jul 3, 2020
Hello everyone - does this look like early bumble foot? She is limping and I thoughts maybe when strained her ankle but I see this.. is this early bumble foot?

Attachments

• 21E8B360-2430-4B36-A149-445AD73AFD3C.jpeg
    21E8B360-2430-4B36-A149-445AD73AFD3C.jpeg
    381.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 17B1F3F9-56A4-4971-A93B-FDECA8879551.jpeg
    17B1F3F9-56A4-4971-A93B-FDECA8879551.jpeg
    356.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 87A32587-D10A-432A-B717-6A6D538419AE.jpeg
    87A32587-D10A-432A-B717-6A6D538419AE.jpeg
    279.7 KB · Views: 37
Yep. It only happens on the bottom
Hey- thank you.💝I am beginning to think I am not cut out for this.. I mean I will love my babies forever - but I feel so incapable of doing what everyone else seems to be able to do so easily -I am forever running to the Vet bc I get worried now something is wrong -
I just had one of my ducks( I have 4- all 6 months old) end up in the ICU for 4 days! They said she had an aspiration pneumonia- I was shocked - I have to give her pills twice a day and I am convinced each time that I am going to do it wrong ...
then this little sweetie has a little black spot on her foot and I panic ... ugh .. this has definitely taken me out of my comfort zone... I am constantly worried that I am going to mess up and hurt them.. I have read and read and read ... yet I remain quite worried about them all the time ...
They are so adorable! I just want them safe and happy.
Thank you all so much .

Hey- thank you.💝I am beginning to think I am not cut out for this.. I mean I will love my babies forever - but I feel so incapable of doing what everyone else seems to be able to do so easily -I am forever running to the Vet bc I get worried now something is wrong -
I just had one of my ducks( I have 4- all 6 months old) end up in the ICU for 4 days! They said she had an aspiration pneumonia- I was shocked - I have to give her pills twice a day and I am convinced each time that I am going to do it wrong ...
then this little sweetie has a little black spot on her foot and I panic ... ugh .. this has definitely taken me out of my comfort zone... I am constantly worried that I am going to mess up and hurt them.. I have read and read and read ... yet I remain quite worried about them all the time ...
They are so adorable! I just want them safe and happy.
Thank you all so much .
Hey, everybody is learning. Even the most knowlagable people learn new things. I am glad you are so on top of it, taking her to the vet, etc.Better safe than sorry. I think a soak would be a great first step, It may just be sore <3

Hey, everybody is learning. Even the most knowlagable people learn new things. I am glad you are so on top of it, taking her to the vet, etc.Better safe than sorry. I think a soak would be a great first step, It may just be sore <3
I
I think it may be that she started laying eggs - and she does this thing with her legend right before she lays an egg where she keeps pushing her large back - and At night i bring them in to my sunroom - I have a playpen for them with straw - but I think I my maybhave been too slippery with all the pushing and turning ..so now I put stall rubber mats in there with straw hoping this will make it easier on her legs... but of course I panicked wondering if rubber mats were toxic!!! Lol

Attachments

• E4ED2B34-E158-466C-A158-DC81B39CAE05.jpeg
    E4ED2B34-E158-466C-A158-DC81B39CAE05.jpeg
    411.7 KB · Views: 33
  • E137F7C4-29B4-4FAC-840F-A5F09BEE8CAB.jpeg
    E137F7C4-29B4-4FAC-840F-A5F09BEE8CAB.jpeg
    621.1 KB · Views: 34
There is a learning curve, but you've got a whole support group here! We are all at different stages in our duck journeys, so don't hesitate to ask, post pictures and generally rely on the community. One day you will be the one to whom others are turning for advice!

I

I think it may be that she started laying eggs - and she does this thing with her legend right before she lays an egg where she keeps pushing her large back - and At night i bring them in to my sunroom - I have a playpen for them with straw - but I think I my maybhave been too slippery with all the pushing and turning ..so now I put stall rubber mats in there with straw hoping this will make it easier on her legs... but of course I panicked wondering if rubber mats were toxic!!! Lol

That looks like such a lovely set up. The mats will def. help them with traction. She may of just slipped and twisted it. I'm sure she will be all good.

Back
Top Bottom