Is this too high?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by pek, Nov 6, 2011.

1. pek

pek Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2009
    Rhode Island
    At first my home incubator was to low now it gets too high the highest it's been today is 105, i'm on day 2, will they still hatch? [​IMG] is there anything i can do other than open the incubator for a few seconds?

2. CarolJ

CarolJ Dogwood Trace Farm

Jun 3, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    I wish you luck with your hatch! I've read of people having high temperatures briefly , then getting temp regulated, and going on to have a successful hatch. I haven't experienced it myself, though.

3. FarmCoe

FarmCoe Flock Mistress

May 22, 2010
    Planet Earth
    I think your chicks will be fine. I'm not sure how to regulate the incubator, though. [​IMG]

4. pek

Nov 26, 2009
    Rhode Island
    right now it's 98.8 but i'm afraid when i go to school tomorrow and be gone for nearly 9 hours it will get too high.

5. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    As long as the temp isn't high for too long you should be ok. It takes awhile for the internal temp of the eggs to increase. Do you have any holes in your incubator? You can adjust the temp and humidity by opening up some holes. I did install a fan in my homemade incubator which helped a lot. If you are using a light bulb for heat try putting in a lower wattage bulb. I have a 15 watt bulb in mine which works great. Good luck and I hope you have a successful hatch...

[​IMG][​IMG]

I have 2 holes on top that I cover with sponges if I need to and tape over the holes on the side I can take off or put on.
    [​IMG]

6. pek

Nov 26, 2009
    Rhode Island
    Quote:ill try that tmorrow [​IMG] thanks!!!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by