Is this true?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Peaches Lee, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Hope this is in the right section, but anyway. I have seen here on BYC a couple of times to not "pass out" or become unconcious in your chicken coop. I haven't seen any reason why, but my little understanding of chickens has me thinking scary thoughts. Anyway, is this really true? Will chickens start to pick your skin or eyes or something horrible? [​IMG]

2. stoneeater

stoneeater Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2011
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    Yes.
    Chickens have formed support groups around the nation. At the national meeting 8 years ago, it was decided that since humans have chosen to eat them; then they now have reserved the right to reciprocate and eat us whenever the oppurtunity presents itself. Did you know that because we take their eggs they have reserved....... well just never allow your young children to be alone in the coop.
    You can learn more about this topic over at backyardchildren.com though.

[​IMG]

3. perolane

perolane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    Louisiana
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Bluemoon420

Bluemoon420 The Rooster Queen

5. flnatv

flnatv Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    West Tennessee
  6. cameron

cameron Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2010
    I wouldn't doubt it. One day my dog killed my neighbors cat outside my coop. I didn't find it for a few hours. When I went out there to feed, my Delawares had a good portion of the cat finished.

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Well, yeah, Delawares? Yeah, I can believe that! [​IMG]\\

See avatar

<-------------

8. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Hmmm, well it seems the best thing to do is a little experiment. So, who wants to volunteer to be knocked out in their chicken coop?---I'll bring the camera! [​IMG]

One of my Golden Comet pullets had found a dead baby bird, it wasn't fresh, it kinda looked a bit mummified? (the things you find on a farm [​IMG]) but she was all excited and wouldn't let me get it away from her.

Luckily my EEs seem to be vegetarians by choice--they love raisins, grass and letttuce, but I have tried hot dogs, and even a leftover burger---they ate the bun, no meat! So hopefully I'd be safe with them.

Honestly, the flock I would be most concerned about are my little Silkies...[​IMG]

9. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    I think I might be ok passing out in my coop, but would probably have quite a few holes where I used to have freckles.

10. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hahaha, you guys are too funny.

In all seriousness, you'd most likely be perfectly fine if you passed out in your coop. They might peck at you a bit, but they would not do much damage at all. More likely you'd wake up with poop all over you from them using you as a nice roost!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by