Is this two month old chicken a rooster ?

Rooster or hen?

• Rooster

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Hen

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

chickenmama109

Free Ranging
6 Years
Mar 5, 2017
texas
E05AC30F-CBAC-4B26-80A9-28C02BB780F9.jpeg BA065050-DBC1-47B6-ADD7-7FC96547559C.jpeg Hi I hatched this one my self and need to know if she’s a he thanks for your help

Sorry, you were asking about the Saddle feathering, there's a picture that shows where the Saddle & Hackle feathers are. I don't know how to bring it up :oops: Hackle is the thin, streaming feathers that Roos get on their neck. Saddle is the thin, streaming feathering at the base of their tail. There's pictures, I just don't know how to find them :oops: You may want to try searching, I'm sure pictures are on here....

I think this might be the thread @ChickNanny13 is thinking of - Either way, I found the diagram and related article useful :)

External_anatomy_rooster.PNG

External Anatomy of Poultry Kept on Small or Backyard Flocks: Chicken
"As Figure 1 shows, both male and female chickens have these basic parts. The differences between males and females include the size of the comb and wattles, the size of the spurs (in older birds), and the characteristics of the hackle and cape feathers. Hackle and cape feathers of males have pointed ends, whereas those of females have rounder ends. In addition, males have sickle feathers in their tails and hackle feathers on their backs, and females do not. ..."

Back
Top Bottom