Is this two Orp roos or a pair

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by tberggren, May 12, 2009.

1. tberggren

tberggren Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2008
    Ithaca NY
    I got these at 8 weeks they are now around 12 weeks they were supposed to be two roo's but I am now wondering if I have one of each sex. Tell me what you think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the one I am thinking may be a pullet (alone)
    [​IMG]

2. pinkfeather

pinkfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2007
    CT
    They both look like pullets to me.

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Both girls, IMO.

4. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Same here...both look like pullets to me.

5. ChixChic

ChixChic Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2009
    Newfield, NY
    Oh man... you're having the same trouble I am Ter! Check out my post listed just under this one, and tell me what you think!
    LeeAnn

6. tberggren

Jan 20, 2008
    Ithaca NY
    Hi LeeAnn,
    Actually I did read it earlier and just didn't make the connection that it was you!! LOL

My experience which is limited to say the least is that with the Buffs if you are seeing any significant pink in the comb at 6 weeks then it's a roo.

Unfortunately it isn't so easy for me to tell with the Blacks, last year I thought I had girls right up until they started crowing. LOL

If these are two girls that is awesome, although the person who gave them to me might not think so. [​IMG]

They are supposed to be carrying the lavender gene and are out of Jodie's Lil Bear project. I was excited to think that one was a pullet!![​IMG]

7. ChixChic

Apr 29, 2009
    Newfield, NY
    Well yeah for you~ too bad for me. I think I have all roo's but one! Ugh! Now what? Ha!

8. tberggren

Jan 20, 2008
    Ithaca NY
    Good news is I have a bunch of Buffs due to hatch in a week, they are yours if you want them. I just wanted to see what my Buffs would produce and since we are neighbors I can easily do that. [​IMG]

9. ChixChic

Apr 29, 2009
    Newfield, NY
    I am very interested!!! But! I dont want to end up with all roo's again. I would be willing to doi it for pullets!
    Also, how many?

Last edited: May 12, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by