Is this vent Gleet ?

GeorgePFC

Hatching
Feb 13, 2023
I was wondering if anyone had any idea what this is? Is it vent Gleet ? She has had this problem for a couple of weeks now I’m cleaning her everyday and having been putting anti fungal cream on and around the vent but doesn’t seem to be helping, we thought it could of been worms but have been worming them for a week and still nothing any suggestions would help thankyou.

Attachments

• 35DCCB8D-88A5-4FC8-BE4D-2924BFB7F54D.jpeg
    35DCCB8D-88A5-4FC8-BE4D-2924BFB7F54D.jpeg
    443.5 KB · Views: 93
It does appear to be. What antifungal are you using?
It does need to be kept clean, a good warm bath in either epsom salts or a mild soap and clean everything off. You can use sterile saline and an oral syringe to clean around the opening to the vent. If antifungals are not having any effect then try applying betadine to the area for 3 or 4 days, see if that helps. Adding 1 Tbsp of ACV to 1 gallon of drinking water sometimes helps. Probiotics can help get the gut back in balance. If none of that works then metronidazole (you can get this as a fish medication, aqua-zole) might be needed. 100 mg per kg of bird weight, twice a day for 4 days.

Sometimes miconazole works when clotrimazole doesn't. I've used terbinafine also. The betadine may work best, and be most economical.

Back
Top Bottom