Is this what they do to eachother? Sheesh

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by kinnip, Aug 7, 2008.

1. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    I just got pecked in the eye. Freakin' oww!

2. dichotomymom

dichotomymom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2008
    Dayton Indiana
    Yep, I've been pecked there a couple of times. They usually give a look right before they peck, so I watch out for that. If I'm bent down doing something, I inevitably get a peck around the lower back......

3. kinnip

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    Oh yeah, they love my love handles! Personal trainer? Who needs it, I have my own flock of plastic surgeons.

4. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    Watch out if you have spider or varicose veins!! They sure do look like tasty worms to them!!

5. denahli

denahli Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    Quote:LMAO Frellin' chickens, they are such characters!

6. luckychic

luckychic Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    If my toes are painted and I'm around with flipflops, they like to see if my toes are some kind of berries.
    And one likes to fly up onto my shoulder just before heading to roost - will also try to give certain colored earrings a taste too....

Some times they seem so smart, and then.....[​IMG][​IMG] They are so funny!

Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  7. belibutn

belibutn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    East TN
    One of our hens ran off with my wife's nose ring the other night... she just plucked it right out of her nostril. Luckily, they all started chasing her for it, and we got it back before someone won it. [​IMG]

Another one decided that my oldest son, whose shoulder she was sitting on, had a tastey looking... booger. A quick peck, a startled scream and a yelp later and I was darn near on my butt from laughing so hard!

8. kinnip

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    Quote:Whoa! I though I was safe since I don't wear earrings around the coop, but the nose ring could pose a problem. I only have a tiny silver dumbell and I don't think about it often, but that might explain why they focus on my face the way they do. Several of them sit on my shoulder. Was your wife wearing a hoop? Maybe I'm safe for now.

9. freshegg

freshegg Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    greenfield,ma
    Quote:[​IMG] lmfao

10. belibutn

belibutn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    East TN
    Oh this is so funny... my wife got pecked in the eye last night after I read this!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by