Is this what you guys call Tuxedo? Yes & soon to be 4wks

Discussion in 'Quail' started by keckels, Nov 18, 2011.

1. keckels

keckels Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    Update : Added new pic's at bottom

I ordered some Tibetan's, & got several like this out of the hatch. Not disappointed, kind of anxious to see how they mature.

[​IMG]

Our downstairs bathroom seems to be fairly constant temp. & rarely used with the kids gone; so it's kind of became my hatching/brooding room - hence the sink & mouthwash

[​IMG]

Tuxedo's?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  2. chrishel

chrishel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    The Windy City
    Those are tuxedos! They will come out looking like little penguins. So cute!

3. Orange Ribbon

Orange Ribbon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    I want some of those! I like those colors, and the one with the stripe around the bottom half of its eye is cool. [​IMG]

4. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Orange ribbon, my incubator is full, contact me and I can send you some penguins :p

They are such funky looking birds, the red tuxedos are gorgeous as well!!! Beautiful photos there Keckels! tuxedos are just Tibetan tuxedos/Rosetta pieds so you got what you ordered [​IMG] they just have some white based on them [​IMG]

5. Orange Ribbon

Orange Ribbon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Quail Lady, after I get this batch hatched I will see about getting some of those Tuxedos from you. Thanks! [​IMG]

6. keckels

May 30, 2011
    Thanks for the replies.

This was my first Coturnix hatch; shipped eggs from Huntsville,Tx & I had about 40% hatch rate, so I was happy.

Got even more excited when I seen what I thought were Tuxedo's. Now I'm gonna have to start studying the colors.

7. keckels

May 30, 2011
    4 wks old on 12/9 I hadn't handled them for several days, they've became chubby little birds. When I moved them to clean the brooder this evening they all started making cricket noises. Finally changed their feeder so they'd stop wasting so much feed. Raised their waterer too, hope that helps that situation.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. bfrancis

bfrancis Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2010
    Okmulgee Co, Oklahoma
    Nice! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by