Is this wrong or am I over-reacting?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by debilorrah, Nov 24, 2011.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

My brother's in-laws invited my son, my mother, my son's girlfriend and my brother and his wife (of course). But not me. They all know we have our big dinner on Saturday. They have never invited my son before.

2. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    eh boo hiss whatever. I would invite you to thanksgiving in a heartbeat. try not to care or take it personally. This happens to be my third year in a row that my parents havent invited me to thanksgiving and we get along! [​IMG]
    Forseeing that last year we just had a thanksgiving party and almost 40 poeple showed up whos parents had "forgotten" to invite them to. Best night of my life HANDS DOWN.

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I look forward to Saturday. All 5 grand kids will be here. I think we are trying to get pictures done on Saturday too.

4. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

I'd let it go, Debi. At least they thought enough to invite your mom and son . . .

[​IMG] and Happy Thanksgiving to you!

5. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    I would be annoyed, but don't let them ruin your fun! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps

I would so be annoyed.. Some people suck!
    Maybe they just forgot you usually do it?

7. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    Quote:Make sure you send BILs photos and let them know how much fun you had with the "whole" family!

8. the Pollo Loco

the Pollo Loco Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2009
    Santa Cruz,CA
    Quote:Maybe that's why... If they know you have yor routine they probably felt thats what "you" like doing.. so why bother asking. so one would think...

9. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    It would bother me, not overeacting. I would not say anything to Bils though. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  10. Stephanie739

Stephanie739 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2011
    I think it is a bit rude too. Oh well, people are like that sometimes. Happy Thanksgiving. My daughter and I had eggs. [​IMG] [​IMG] (my other children are away, but my oldest wanted to stay with me knowing I wasn't doing anything special)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by