is thus cochin show quality

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by redrooster99, Nov 25, 2013.

1. redrooster99

redrooster99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2013
    georgia
    is this cochin show quality
    [​IMG]
    the black cochin

2. anniep

anniep Out Of The Brooder

Jan 24, 2011
    From what I can see she looks great. But is there a way to get a close up photo? There may be some problems that I can't see. For example: how many toes she has, how many points on her comb, skin color, beak color, and leg color and feathering. You can also get an A.P.A. Standard of Perfection and check in there. Many important things that you might not notice are the angle or her tail and the size of her body and comb and wattles. Many things to look for in a bird. But all of these answers can be found in the Standard of Perfection and on the Cochin Club website.

3. redrooster99

Jun 14, 2013
    georgia
    she has to many points but i know she doesnt have vulture hocks

4. redrooster99

Jun 14, 2013
    georgia
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    hope that helps

5. anniep

anniep Out Of The Brooder

Jan 24, 2011
    Well, I have shown birds that have to many points and they don't get DQ, but it does put them down on the prize list. Things like that can be breed out with a quality roo. Luckily Cochins are a very common breed and you may be able to find a very nice roo at shows and online. Good Luck!!

6. redrooster99

Jun 14, 2013
    georgia
    thanks but i dont need any more chickens i might try it in a couple of years but i will probably try to show her anyway and just see what happens and her eye colors wrong but she is from a hatcher and i love her just the same but its not a DQ

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by