is tyland 50 ok or....

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by PAchickenlover, Jul 22, 2011.

1. PAchickenlover

PAchickenlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    York
    Is tyland 50 ok to use and will it work effectivly or do I need tyland 200? I need to know for my Hen, RED. I need to go and get some asap!!

2. PAchickenlover

Jun 29, 2011
    York
    Please I want to make sure I get the right stuff....

3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Quote:Mollie, you have already used penicillin and duramycin. The results for using tylan will be the same. Dont waste your money on another antibiotic, it wont work. Try something that you havnt used, a different angle of approach that might work...but no guarantees. Try Sulmet, either the liquid or the soluable powder. It can be used to treat cocci and other various diseases. It's a shot in the dark, but worth a try.
    Here's the dosage...pay particular attention: Dosage is the same for both the liquid and soluable powder.
    Two tablespoons per gallon of water. Treat for 2 days. Then reduce the dosage to 1 tablespoon per gallon of water for 4 days. Then stop treating and dispose of the medicated water.
    Warning: Excessive dosage may cause toxic reactions.

4. PAchickenlover

Jun 29, 2011
    York
    Thanks Jim, I'm going to the Mill right now to get it. I almost bought it yesterday, guess I should have gone with my gut feeling. Thanks again for helping, you are great![​IMG]

5. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Quote:You're welcome, I hope it works. You've thrown just about everything at her except the kitchen sink. If she doesnt drink the treated sulmet water on her own, you'll have use an eyedropper or syringe without a needle to dose her and make sure she swallows enough of it to be effective, and continue dosing throughout the day and evening. You can pull her wattles down and her mouth will open, gotta be quick though. Make sure you follow the mixing directions throughout the course of treatment.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by