Isa Brown behaviour

Jess2591

Hatching
Apr 5, 2019
Hi everyone,

My husband and I are first time chicken parents and I’m just wondering if I could get some advice we have only had our 2 girls for a week.

I have 1 Isa Brown and 1 Australorp cross.

However for the last day I have noticed my Isa Brown has been acting strangely and trying to work out if it has anything to with our crazy weather here in Melbourne Australia.

Our 2 girls are allowed to come inside a few times a day however yesterday my Isa went into a head down bum up pose under our dining room table and looked out the window and growled for a good few minutes. I assume she must of seen something is didn’t like. I have also noticed she has been lazy as in always sitting down I’m not sure if that is because she finally has adjusted to us. She still does eat and drink, dust bath and follow the Australorp around.

We are just wondering if this is normal Isa Brown behaviour. She is about 18-20 weeks old and has not started laying just yet.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Head down, butt up and growling,are her wings down to her legs?Sounds like she seen her reflection in the glass,I use to put mirrors outside and mine would go nuts!

Head down, butt up and growling,are her wings down to her legs?Sounds like she seen her reflection in the glass,I use to put mirrors outside and mine would go nuts!
That was what we were thinking. She had her wings at her side like she would if she was walking etc.

Back
Top Bottom