Isa Brown Hen or Australorp bred to Golden Laced Wyandotte Roo - what is the offspring??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by panipuri, Mar 5, 2012.

1. panipuri

panipuri Out Of The Brooder

Jan 26, 2012
    Anyone know the results of a Golden Laced Wyandotte Rooster bred to:

Australorp?
    Isa Brown? (sex link composed of - rhode island red x rhode island white)

Isa: I have little golden guys with some streaks much like rhode island chicks have (the lines down their back) and now their wings are coming in speckled (like a wyandotte? I did see some rir pics where wings are speckled tho?). I also have one that was born very yellow and the wings are coming in white.

Australorp: I have a few black chicks with a little faint yellow fuzz much like australorp babies. I cannot tell these apart from the possible barred rock pullet chicks I also have (barred rock x gl wyandotte). I can tell the rooster barred chicks because they have the classic little white bib and white fuzz cap - which I've found technically this cross= black star.

I'd LOVE to figure out which black pullets are from the barred, and which from the australorp? And is it an australorp or just a 'mutt'?

And I'm SO curious to know what the isa x glw mix creates (mutt? breed name?)? Do you think the yellow/white wing one is female or male? The ones with the speckled wings? Thank you so much for any input!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by