ISA Brown or Hubbard ISA Brown or Bovan

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by kulangi, Jan 19, 2011.

1. kulangi

kulangi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Does anyone know if any other hatchery beside Townline carry ISA Brown or Hubbard ISA brown or Bovan Brown?

2. Taylor

Taylor Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2008
    I love Townline's ISA-browns! They are the best layers ever!!!! I have got 26 hens and 26 eggs per day is what to expect, 1 egg a day per hen! If I were to buy anywhere else it would have to be Mcmurray hatchery, they've got red stars that are real close to the ISA-Browns so they say.
    www.mcmurrayhatchery.com and www.townlinehatchery.com [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. ghulst

ghulst Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Zeeland Michigan
    Isa Browns are better then Boven Browns. That is our expernce at Townline hatchery. We have had both in the past.

4. kulangi

kulangi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    ISA Brown and Hubbard Brown and Bovan are synonymous name for one breed.

Quote:

5. briteday

briteday Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Northern NV
    Quote:
    Bovan browns are patented by Centurion Poultry and ISA's are patented by Hendrix. They are not the same.

6. Crazy Chicken Fever

Crazy Chicken Fever Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2009
    Capac
    Every think I read has a different answer....so I must know is a Ias Brown a Rhode Island Red rooster over a Rhode Island White hen, or the other way around

7. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Don't just take forum speculation for these things. No offense to anyone, please. This information is readily available.

http://www.isapoultry.com/Products.aspx

These companies have merged.

* ISA
    * Shaver
    * Hisex
    * Dekalb
    * Bovans
    * Babcock

Production rates and all kinds of data available.

8. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Quote:Well, sort of. The ISA has been bred scientifically for decades now. Breeding any run of the mill RIR over a RIW will not produce a true ISA.

9. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    I spent some time searching the net before I ordered my ISAs from Townline. So far as us small-flock purchasers go Townline seems to be the only source for genuine ISA birds.

I'm sure the commercial guys have other sources but it appears that we do not.

Townline did right by me so I'm not unhappy with them. I ordered fifty five birds, they sent fifty eight, they took three full days to reach me (Michigan to Florida) in the middle of Feburary, and here it is March second and I still have fifty eight active, vigorous birds in my brooder. What more can you ask for?

10. no1hilbily

no1hilbily Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Rural king has isa browns

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by