Isa browns

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by harmony farm, May 7, 2016.

1. harmony farm

harmony farm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2016
    Victoria australia
    Wondering what age be good to add a rooster to my chooks and whats the roister to add for isa browns.

Thx chris

2. Rod-T

Rod-T Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2015
    Deer park, Washington
    When they start layering. 6 months. You can add a rooster.. any rooster you want. Nice rhodeislandred would be good.. but any would work

3. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    ISA Browns are a crossbreed, and as such, do not breed true. If you want to know how to breed your own sexlinks, check out this thread, https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/261208/sex-linked-information
    All the good info is in the first post.
    If you're wanting an adult rooster, then wait till the hens are laying well before adding him. If you want a young male, than get one that's about 10 to 12 weeks old. Introduce him when the hens are all mature and laying. He will be young enough, that a few pecking order scuffles with the older girls will keep him well behaved for a good, long time.

3 people like this.
  4. harmony farm

Apr 24, 2016
    Victoria australia
    Thx guys, ye they about 5 months and laying well currently, time to top up my hens, one thing i notice with breeding quail in incubator,humidty always drops low middle if night,will this effect hatchings or csn i prevent it.

Thx for ur knowledge im learning

Chris

5. Rod-T

Rod-T Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2015
    Deer park, Washington
    Humidity is a average idk about quail. . For chickens I shoot for 45% first 18 days.. 70% last 3

6. harmony farm

Apr 24, 2016
    Victoria australia
    Hi rod

Ye through the day no problems with humidty its during the night when it drops of until i top water up morning

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by