Isabel~Lavender Wheaten~Ameraucana Project NPIP 35++ New Pics added

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by tgrlily, Sep 26, 2011.

1. tgrlily

tgrlily Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2009
    East Syracuse
    I'd love to hatch these myself, but hubby doesn't want fall chicks!
    I DO NOT plan on selling more than this ONE auction from this project!
    UPDATE: 35 eggs collected so far!!!!!

In the past few days, I've collected 12 eggs already. This auction will be for the 12 I've already collected PLUS all that they lay before shipping. I expect this to be a lot of eggs & will update the quantity at the top. The large number of eggs should greatly increase your chances of hatching Isabel chicks! Looks like it'll be at least 3 dozen eggs!

These eggs are from my F1 Isabel Ameraucana Project (AKA Lavender Wheaten). The parents carry both Lavender from a stunning Pips & Peeps Rooster over beautiful Wheaten girls from Marquisella. The F1s look like brown-red Ameraucanas and have great size, type, nice combs & great beards. The egg color is a very pretty blue. I have one cockerel over 5 pullets. According to the genetic calculator, these eggs should produce 37% Black split to Lavender, 18.75% Black, 18.75% Lavender, 12.5% Wheaten split to Lavender, 6.25% Wheaten & (finally!) 6.25% Lavender Patterned Isabel Wheaten. This should result in one out of sixteen chicks being Isabel!

Lavender Isabel Patterned Wheaten is similar to Isabel Porcelain without the mille fleur markings. In males the lavender dilutes the red and gold to pale buff or straw & the black to lavender. The females should appear mostly pale pinkish beige with lavender where the black markings would normally be.

The Auction will end next Sunday evening & I'll ship out the eggs the next day directly from the Syracuse hub via Priority mail. I pack eggs as I like to recieve them -- individually wrapped in a generous amount of bubblewrap, nestled gently in shredded newspaper in a box padded with foam on the bottom & more bubblewrap on the top & sides.

I'll post pics by tomorrow. Please feel free to ask any questions! [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  2. newlyweds

newlyweds Pearl of the Prairie

Mar 12, 2010
    Southeast Texas
    Do you have any pictures of the breeding stock and what the isabel chickens look like?

3. GA_in_GA

GA_in_GA Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2011
    Southwest Georgia
    Yes, photos please!

4. tgrlily

Mar 11, 2009
    East Syracuse
    I just took pics today & am uploading them. The Isabel pattern is like this -http://gallery.thepoultrykeeper.co.uk/v/thewinkingtiger/MVC-004S.JPG.html but the colors don't appear true in that pic. The color should be more like this - [​IMG]. I downloaded the D'uccle pic as a color example - the pattern will be like the first pic.

Do you want to see just my F1s or their parents as well?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  5. I-Have-Happy-Hens

I-Have-Happy-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Carrboro, NC
    Yes

6. tgrlily

Mar 11, 2009
    East Syracuse
    This is the father of my F1s:
    [​IMG]

This is one of the moms of the F1s:
    [​IMG]

I'll upload the pics of the actual F1 Ameraucanas tomorrow.

7. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    Neat project !! [​IMG]

8. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Interesting! [​IMG]

~Aspen

9. tgrlily

Mar 11, 2009
    East Syracuse
    Sorry I didn't get these up yesterday -- between being a mom, having 2 jobs & the chickens, yesterday was insane!

Here they are~~~~~~~~~~
    One of my F1 girls:
    [​IMG]

Here's Houdini & the ladies:
    [​IMG]

As with any lavender based project, the F1 coloring looks nothing like the goal. It takes 2 copies for the lavender to either present or dilute & create the new color.

10. BirdCrazyLady

BirdCrazyLady Out Of The Brooder

Sep 14, 2011
    McAllen
    This looks like such a fun project! I
    Am sorely tempted! How's your egg color been?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by