Isabel Orpington info please!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Galtice, May 5, 2017.

1. Galtice

Galtice Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2013
    Virginia
    I purchased a few varieties of orpingtons recently from a lady. Chocolate, mottled, lavender, and what should be isabel. I was really excited as they are my fav variety! She has very pricey stock from some big names. She also had jubilee, tolbunt, silver laced, crele, and lemon cuckoo. They chicks were somewhat separated. I thought I was purchasing 3 Isabel but as they are feathering out in almost positive they are tolbunt or jubilee. They looked completely different than the chicks that were in that area for these varieties. Pale yellow chicks. She had mentioned at some point having to breed back to add color back threw. The one chick that isn't tolbunt or jubilee is almost white thus far. I'm wondering if maybe she had bred back for this batch? I guess I am looking for info on exactly how this color is created and if I breed the trio will resulting chicks possibly be color correct for what I was originally looking for?

2. Galtice

Nov 8, 2013
    Virginia
    Here are some pics of my lovely mixed matched trio of "Isabel" [​IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

3. Galtice

Nov 8, 2013
    Virginia
    [​IMG]

4. Galtice

Nov 8, 2013
    Virginia
    [​IMG]

5. livhatcher

livhatcher Chillin' With My Peeps