Isa's Homestead Happenings and Hangout

I feel so out of the loop. I don’t eat any of that stuff. 😂 Very few processed stuff in my house. I’ve tried some random boxes stuff on occasion and it just tastes like chemicals. Like flavored coffee creamer. Used to be addicted, and one time it was the only cream and I had to dump my coffee out.

Weird how taste buds changed.
I think you're fortunate to have taste buds that want real food.

feature film on cat TV tonight, "trees and a chicken" marathon. Just like last night and what's playing tomorrow stay tuned

20230127_165655.jpg

We have cut out all highly processed sugars, highly processed fats/oils and bleached flour. It takes a while to get used to the different flavor of foods. But, once you do get used to it, it's almost impossible to go back. Plus your body no longer craves the processed junk, it now wants actual food.
Most dishes that are made with real (unprocessed) foods also have more food flavor, not just sugary, fatty flavors. You can taste the grains in bread if you still eat bread.
Vegetable dishes have food flavors, not just grease, sugar and salt flavors.
Pizza tastes like pizza ought to taste, it has an actual food flavor.
I don't like my meats flavored to the extent that I can't actually taste the meat flavor in itself. I'm getting to the point that I like my meat with very little additional flavor other than the natural meat flavor. We do try to get a healthier option if at all possible. Grass/hay fed beef is very good.
Chicken that is largely free range grown has much more actual meat flavor than the commercially grown chicken.
The best pork we have ever had was from pigs that were grown in a woods and pasture setting. They were allowed to fatten off of acorns and processed right after the acorns were gone.
It would be good for everyone to avoid the sugary fatty commercially processed foods. Our quality of life is better.

We have cut out all highly processed sugars, highly processed fats/oils and bleached flour. It takes a while to get used to the different flavor of foods. But, once you do get used to it, it's almost impossible to go back. Plus your body no longer craves the processed junk, it now wants actual food.
Most dishes that are made with real (unprocessed) foods also have more food flavor, not just sugary, fatty flavors. You can taste the grains in bread if you still eat bread.
Vegetable dishes have food flavors, not just grease, sugar and salt flavors.
Pizza tastes like pizza ought to taste, it has an actual food flavor.
I don't like my meats flavored to the extent that I can't actually taste the meat flavor in itself. I'm getting to the point that I like my meat with very little additional flavor other than the natural meat flavor. We do try to get a healthier option if at all possible. Grass/hay fed beef is very good.
Chicken that is largely free range grown has much more actual meat flavor than the commercially grown chicken.
The best pork we have ever had was from pigs that were grown in a woods and pasture setting. They were allowed to fatten off of acorns and processed right after the acorns were gone.
It would be good for everyone to avoid the sugary fatty commercially processed foods. Our quality of life is better.
:goodpost:

I hope she’s doing okay ♥

Man…I been thinking a lot lately about going down to visit Colt…I wonder how I’m going to be able to impress him 🤦🏼‍♀️
Currently accepting miniature long-haired female silver dapple dachshunds. Or possibly fawn Isabella dapple.
It’s cold but good lol and massive. Although I wish I had gotten the pork. It looks sooo good and the veggies actually look seasoned for once lol

View attachment 3387941
Doritos aren’t a vegetable. @Kiki tell her.
Already ate it :oops:
Nintendo Eating GIF

If I get Five Guys
You don’t want to know what I get with Five Guys.
Bake Off Giggle GIF by PBS

Ick! That looks like garbage.
You like tootsie rolls, then? I never even liked them when I was a kid. They always tasted strange.
I only like the vanilla ones.
Banana everything. Including real bananas (unless they're completely green)
Who hurt you?

Back
Top Bottom