Isa's Homestead Happenings and Hangout

My freeloaders are free loading.
Are there boys in the coops with your girls? I just put Juicy’s oldest in with all 15 of my girls this morning and 7 of them ended up laying an egg today…I have no idea why but he must have really turned them on or something cause I was only getting an egg every other day before I put him in there.
0910DDF6-7EB8-4E96-83AF-E8E978564D6D.jpeg

My taste buds barely want anything after I got the big nasty. Barely even like the taste of most meat now without adding like a shakers worth of salt and it makes me want to cry

Covid? Yeah, I've heard that's a long term side effect for some people 😕

Are there boys in the coops with your girls? I just put Juicy’s oldest in with all 15 of my girls this morning and 7 of them ended up laying an egg today…I have no idea why but he must have really turned them on or something cause I was only getting an egg every other day before I put him in there.
View attachment 3388594
They wanted to impress him!

Thank you everyone for your condolences. And my heart goes out to you, Colt. :hugs

On another note, I was messaged yesterday by my family that one of my pullets was injured. I had to hurry home from work and care for her. I used the antibacterial spray that I had asked about before, but because it was very cold last night, I did not want to leave her wet. So I slathered her in Vaseline. And to test it, I slathered some onto my rooster's large comb. They both loved it! My big guy acted like I was petting him. So tonight, and for the next week, I will be climbing into their coop and slathering them in the gunk. It helps them (my pullet's wounds looked so good this morning), and they seem to really like having it on their exposed skin and combs. Something is finally going well! :celebrate

I swear, the worst thing about covid was that my coffee tasted strange! Talk about disappointing.
Mine was my throat. It made it so raw somehow that I not only didn't feel like eating, but I couldn't have eaten pain free if I had wanted. Probably some of the worst weeks of my life honestly

Back
Top Bottom