Isa's Homestead Happenings and Hangout

Yuck. That sounds miserable.
It was. I'm fairly confident thata where a good amount of my forgetfullness has come from. I barely had the energy to do anything more than sleep. Eating was almost off the table the entire time (scary thing is I didn't even feel hungry during it and it was over 2 weeks of little eating) and it took a good month or two before I was able to even feed and water the birds without gasping for air. Another few months before I was back to normal breathing wise.

20230127_224224.jpg

Covid? Yeah, I've heard that's a long term side effect for some people 😕
My smeller doesn't work the same after the first time I got the 'VID. I had to "relearn" what some things smell like because they no longer had the same scent. And I randomly smell burning plastic sometimes. I couldn't smell anything for nearly six months.

When I finally was able to smell things again, I needed help. We'd be driving somewhere and I'd smell something. I'd have to ask whoever I was with, "What's that smell?" Took me a while to figure it out. I know what most smells are now,but it was bizarre having to learn what everything was again.

Worst part is that coffee and eggs smell the same to me now.

Yep. My uncle's family took about a year before they said things stopped tasting like sewage.

Thankfully it isn't that bad for me, it all just tastes like disappointment and bland.
My nephew had covid and it made pork and chocolate taste like vomit to him. It's been 6 months and he still can't eat any of it

My smeller doesn't work the same after the first time I got the 'VID. I had to "relearn" what some things smell like because they no longer had the same scent. And I randomly smell burning plastic sometimes. I couldn't smell anything for nearly six months.

When I finally was able to smell things again, I needed help. We'd be driving somewhere and I'd smell something. I'd have to ask whoever I was with, "What's that smell?" Took me a while to figure it out. I know what most smells are now,but it was bizarre having to learn what everything was again.

Worst part is that coffee and eggs smell the same to me now.
I can smell most food if I'm right next to it, but fir a while I couldn't smell most things

Covid didn't affect my taste or smell. I just couldn't breathe for like a month. Then 2 months later I lost about 40% of my hair volume. That was scary too.
I lost hair the first time, too. That was scary! I have a great stylist who was able to to a cut that gave me back some volume. I had super thick wavy hair. It's still wavy, but nowhere near as thick. It's coming back, though.

Back
Top Bottom