Isa's Homestead Happenings and Hangout

I prefer not to, Thank You. Heck I was at Chick a fil when they opened this morning.
(I know, I realized when I was first in line. :th)

I have been in enough fine restaurant kitchens to add that to the list of things you shouldn't watch being made, right behind laws and sausage.
I'm not going to let the fear of germs keep me from enjoying life. Our immune systems overcome gazillions of germs every day. IMHO.
I was going do an inspection one morning. I text the owner when I got to the property. He text back I'm coming go on in. Back door was unlocked I entered and immediately saw 2 or 3 cats walking on the make tables and cutting board on the cold cutting boards. He proceeded to come out the front. Seating area. Apparently he slept there.

Another time I was in the quarter and doing an inspection and there was some hardware cloth around a spot where the gas line went through the ceiling I had to take it down to reopen the gas valve after testing it for operation. The cook immediately started putting the wire back saying that's where rats come I from. I later learned the place was on an episode of Gordon Ramsay's show. It was shut down. It was called the old coffee pot.

I'm more worried about the birds. I still have a bunch I'm culling because their feet didn't heal, I don't want to add even more from this freeze
I wouldn't even know where to begin preventing problems in those temps. Coldest it gets here is the teens, and that's on the extreme end of the spectrum.

I wouldn't even know where to begin preventing problems in those temps. Coldest it gets here is the teens, and that's on the extreme end of the spectrum.
I'm not sure either. I can't pinpoint what causes half of it. My pheonix flock really can't get better housing (multiple times the minimum space guidelines, practically unlimited ventilation, roosts of multiple sizes and plenty of space where snow cannot get.) And I have birds every year that end up having a foot or two die off. Other flocks have the same issues, but the pheonixes are the really frustrating ones because I quite honestly can't find anything that would warrant needing to be fixed

I'm not sure either. I can't pinpoint what causes half of it. My pheonix flock really can't get better housing (multiple times the minimum space guidelines, practically unlimited ventilation, roosts of multiple sizes and plenty of space where snow cannot get.) And I have birds every year that end up having a foot or two die off. Other flocks have the same issues, but the pheonixes are the really frustrating ones because I quite honestly can't find anything that would warrant needing to be fixed
I have absolutely no advice. I'm sorry. I know how much you enjoy your Phoenixes.

I have absolutely no advice. I'm sorry. I know how much you enjoy your Phoenixes.
Yeah. I have that barn I'm working on to move them into. I'm hoping if they can't wander as much that maybe it cuts Down on it. Poor Wes got it too this year, and he's down to barely any ties on one foot. But he still seems happy and he's able to walk so as long as it doesn't progress further, he should be okay

iu

I'm not going to let the fear of germs keep me from enjoying life. Our immune systems overcome gazillions of germs every day.
It’s not fear. I don’t eat fast food for health reasons. I enjoy life quite well w homemade food. Even pick food out of the garden & eat it without washing. Gotta live dangerously sometimes! 😂
Yep. Not quite that bad here, though the real feel is colder.View attachment 3389751
I hate cold even more than snow. We are getting it later this week supposedly. Hoping forecast changes before Fri:
1675012037807.jpeg

It was warm enough the girls were dustbathing today.

Back
Top Bottom