Isa's Homestead Happenings and Hangout

Can bad food cause a sore throat? Cause I ate Taco Bell today for the first time in weeks and I had a sore throat after. Idk if that’s coincidence or not but I never have sore throats. It still hasn’t gone away. I don’t think I’m sick. It only happened after I ate it.
Yes. Did it give you heart burn? But yes, food can cause a sore throat, especially if something scratched your throat on the way down
I need to start exercising too but I can’t go far or for too long 😭 but I could start slow I guess.
You could start by taking small walks, take Brew. Go a little further every day. If it's bad weather, do some exercising inside. Using your body weight as resistance can be a very effective way to workout. There are loads of good apps you can put on your phone that can help too

Yes. Did it give you heart burn? But yes, food can cause a sore throat, especially if something scratched your throat on the way down

You could start by taking small walks, take Brew. Go a little further every day. If it's bad weather, do some exercising inside. Using your body weight as resistance can be a very effective way to workout. There are loads of good apps you can put on your phone that can help too

My phone is about to die but here are some good results on apps. All are free to use
Thanks!! Good info all around.

That involves being outside. Gross.
View attachment 3531269the hardest part is waiting for it to cool
Rhubarb looks like.
Ok mandatory chicken content time. This girl has been sitting in the nest box almost constantly for at least 3 days. I didn't get a chance to observe her Friday or Saturday so I don't know about those days. Her comb is a bit purple and flopped over, when it's always been red and fairly upright.

View attachment 3531744

I picked up and there was no obvious weight loss or weird bumps or lumps or creepy crawlies, and she was certainly active while I was trying to hold her. She's not a "pick me up" kind of bird and was not happy about it. She squakwed at me for a solid few minutes afterwards and then was growly and grumpy. Pecked and scratched around bit, had a bit of water, a couple bites of grass just outside the open run door and then went back inside the coop. Another odd thing is she's been puffing herself up like this. She's quite slender like a leghorn, not broad or plump at all.

View attachment 3531755

So do I have a broody on my hands, a potentially sick bird, or just a pmsing chicken?
She’s broody. I swear non-broody breeds act the worst when they are. I had two Buttercup hens go last year. I reached under one and came back with both of them hanging off my arm.
Oh that's a good point, I completely forgot the paperwork in my list
My friend keeps all that stuff in the freezer in case there’s a fire in the home.
Oh yes. Yes it can. Deliciously Diabetes.
speaks GIF

I was waiting for this.

Back
Top Bottom