Isa's Homestead Happenings and Hangout

@Isadora I'm obviously bummed. We didn't even tell the girls yet. I thought we were going to tell them at bedtime, but the older one was busy putting on her, "12 Days of Christmas," show for us, and the baby was putting on the older one's Christmas nightgown, too. Lots of running around and general mayhem, so we just let it go. So far, no news.

Just waiting in that quiet limbo for the other shoe to drop, and all the busyness of wake and funeral and all that set in...

I'm telling you, with that other nonsense that went on yesterday, I just really think my heart knew. COMPLETELY out of character for me to have an outburst like that. The last time I remember screaming like that was legit when my dog died. That probably sounds horrible. But the "barbaric yawp." Idk

Last edited:
@Isadora I'm obviously bummed. We didn't even tell the girls yet. I thought we were going to tell them at bedtime, but the older one was busy putting on her, "12 Days of Christmas," show for us, and the baby was putting on the older one's Christmas nightgown, too. Lots of running around and general mayhem, so we just let it go. So far, no news.
:hugsIt's a terrible thing to have to have to do. My MIL is dying of cancer and I dreaded telling the kids. They don't see her that often but they adore her. My husband didn't seem inclined to tell them initially but I didn't want them to wake up one day and hear the news that she had "suddenly' passed.
I'm so sorry you have to find a way to tell them. 😔

Not sure you guys can tell but Baz is looking a little bit better.
20230610_091522.jpg

Back
Top Bottom