isnt this cute??

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Marlinchaser, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyone want him giving away cheap(just bring a box)

edited to add, likes to eat guinea eggs(front of second pic) and an occasional chicken, but he had help with those, so I may have more if you want them too let me know I will be leaving the trap out

Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  2. Calebs Acre

Calebs Acre Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2008
    Long Island
    CONGRATULATIONS! I WANT TO CATCH MINE!! So, did you hide the cage at all, or just put it "right out there" for him with an egg inside?

Details, please! I want to catch the one at my house!!!!

THANKS!!!

3. Marlinchaser

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    I just put it next to the temporary pen, with a couple of old eggs in it, someone had emptied the guinea nest(because they dont want to lay in a coop, and freerange) a couple of times, so I put a cage(6x6) around the nest I found then put this trap next to that, kindof surprized, since I removed all the good eggs since guineas loaded up the nest then decided no one wanted to sit, so they started laying elsewhere.

4. bantymum

bantymum Chillin' With My Peeps

What a beautiful creature!
    I hope you took him for a looong drive and set him free.
    [​IMG]

5. Marlinchaser

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:I am actually putting in a call to DNR(Dept of Natural Resources) to see where they would like him put, he will not be staying around here, so if they have nowhere for him, maybe he will go to someone studying taxadermy.

6. Portia

Portia Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 29, 2008
    South Central PA
    Cute as long as you don't find them in with your chickens! We have one in the woods that my dogs and the neighborhood cats are good at keeping out of the yard. From what my little dog relates to me, there are PLENTY of mice and chipmunks to be had in the woods.

7. Calebs Acre

Calebs Acre Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2008
    Long Island
    I vote for the latter after my experiences thus far this week. Gonna have to try out my trap tonight.

8. karanleaf

karanleaf Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2008
    Glenwood, Missouri
    WOW, That is a site for the morning.. :eek: I bet that is of a relief to catch one of them,,,, [​IMG] Here's luck that you catch anyothers that are lurking around...[​IMG]
    It is cute but nothing ya want to keep close to home....
    As bantymum said I hope you took him for a very very long drive from your place...
    Hopefully it's scared [​IMG] enough to not find it's way back. They do travel a long distance though,,,,

Last raccoon we got in a live trap got to go for a 15 mile ride.. [​IMG] the second one he was in the duck pen it was so lucky as the 1st..
    But gota do what ya gota do to protect your critters.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  9. Marlinchaser

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:I have the gun by the backdoor, for catching anything in the middle of the yard, but since this one is already caught he may get another chance.

10. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Does he sit and roll over?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by