1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Isn't this the most beautiful thing you've ever seen?!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by cchardwick, Sep 30, 2012.

1. cchardwick

cchardwick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2009
    Colorado
    My Coop
    Here's my RCom Duo! On the left is my RCom 20 Pro with USB and on the right my RCom 50 Pro with USB! Weee Heee!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Habibs Hens

Habibs Hens Cream Legbar Keeper

Mar 31, 2012
    London, UK
    My Coop
    that looks cool

you seem to be a crazy incubator collector like me

i have a brinsea mini advance EX a brinsea octogon 20 advance EX and a brinsea Octogon Pro 20DX

and i am currently designing 2 large 200 pluss egg incubators that im gonna build

love your setup

3. cchardwick

May 21, 2009
    Colorado
    My Coop
    Actually my goal is to end up with three RCom 50s for a little income in my retirement so I can sell a few chicks every week. I'll probably use the 20 for fun stuff like hatching out Turkey eggs or something new that I want to bring into my flocks. I just love the 'set and forget' function of the RComs. But they are SOOOOO expensive! I'm also working on a battery brooder, just bought my firt level, should get it soon!

4. Habibs Hens

Habibs Hens Cream Legbar Keeper

Mar 31, 2012
    London, UK
    My Coop
    my ideal would be a brinsea cabinet but being so expensive im building one and will be buying brinsea parts to put into it

the set and forget is great i love it to as brinsea have that aswell with all EX versions

5. cchardwick

May 21, 2009
    Colorado
    My Coop
    I ordered one of these too, you can stack them up to four high but I can't afford all four right now so I'm just getting one to try it out. The design is brilliant, it appears you can keep chicks with very little mess and a minimum of cleanup with these.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  6. Pyrates4Poultry

Pyrates4Poultry Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2012
    Weed, California
    well isn't that a sweet set up! let us know what you think of it. I want one!!! [​IMG]

7. cmfarm

cmfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Elgin, TX
    Nice! How much did those cost you?

8. cchardwick

May 21, 2009
    Colorado
    My Coop
    You don't want to know! Actually I figure I'll make my money back in about six months selling chicks to pay for it all!

[​IMG]

9. Brookhavens

Brookhavens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2012
    Brooksville,FL
    I was really considering getting the 20 Pro and then read the thread on BYC and decided against it. I really liked this incubator and it keeps popping up everywhere I go. How long have you had yours and what have your hatches been like? Did you ever consider getting a Dickey incubator instead?

10. cchardwick

May 21, 2009
    Colorado
    My Coop
    I actually haven't hatched anything yet! LOL But everything I've read on the internet says that every fertile egg hatches. My first hatch is going to be a week from Tuesday and I already have five people lined up to buy chicks! I really wanted an incubator that would keep temp and humidity perfect and three days before hatch would slightly decrease temp, increase humidity, and stop turning. These are the only incubators I've found that will do this. The reason is that I'm not home all the time, I'm usually gone a couple days a week and there's no way I could catch all the batches of eggs at the right time to fiddle with the controls. On these incubators I can just set it and forget it and once in awhile look at the time to hatch! The other plus is that I'm sure they hold their value over time. I bet I could sell them for quite a bit after years of use. With my 20 chickens I could actually get six of these and keep them full almost all the time. They would easily fit on shelves on a wire rack and take up minimal space, in fact I could probably put my incubators and brooders in a spare bedroom in the basement. I'm guessing I could easily make $15,000 a year from my flock of 20 hens! I also have the market cornered as many people in nearby cities can keep chickens but none can keep roosters, so only people in rural areas can compete. I don't want to turn it into a full time job, just a small supplemental income for my family. And I'd rather spend the money up front to make things as easy as possible so I'm not spending all my time tinkering with temps and humidity.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by