ISO 2 bantam pullets in Central NY (Madison/Chenango Counties)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by cherylperk, Sep 6, 2016.

1. cherylperk

cherylperk Just Hatched

Aug 27, 2016
    Sherburne, NY
    Hi all,

I'm new here but by no means new to chickens. Having grown up with them I find myself (40 years later) looking to start a new flock.
    I'm looking for 2 nice, friendly bantam pullets. Preferably just started laying. Our chickens have a great forever life on our property. (Our last hen who passed in late June was 11!)
    Must be healthy, docile and clean. Looking for something that is reliable laying and has broody tendencies. No red colored birds, please. Would love something like a Bantam Dominique or Bantam Barred Rock.
    I currently have two empty coops, each with fenced outdoor run. I plan on having two different breeds, each with their own coop. (One coop is smaller than the other which is why I want to start with only two birds).
    Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks! :)

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC. Locate the New York state thread by typing 'New York' in the search bar at the top of the page. Perhaps someone there can help you start your flock. Good luck.

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and [​IMG]! Happy you joined our community! Hope you find the birds you seek!

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens - hope you are able to find the pullets you desire.

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. cherylperk

cherylperk Just Hatched

Aug 27, 2016
    Sherburne, NY
    Thank you! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by