ISO a peahen in Indiana

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by ullmankat, Oct 24, 2015.

1. ullmankat

ullmankat Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2015
    We have a 3 mth old male I'm pretty sure. Looking for a young peahen for a companion. If anyone knows we're I might get one we live in Muncie Indiana

2. Frenchman Creek

Frenchman Creek Chillin' With My Peeps

I see many peachicks and peahens in the Indiana Craigslist. Not sure how close to you but a drive is always better than shipping.

3. ullmankat

Jun 6, 2015
    The lady I purchased my mates birds from had some chicks she is going to take to auction. But I haven't been able to find any others on Craig's list. I sorry of wanted to add new to the line. But worse case scenario I will go back to her.

4. new 2 pfowl

new 2 pfowl Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2012
    California
    Not sure if you are wiling to take a bit of a drive, but @frenchblackcopper is in eastern Illinois...

5. Hholly

Hholly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2015
    Amo, IN
    On the Indiana BYCers thread there is a lady who is rescuing a bunch of pea fowl and will be adopting them out soon. You may want to ask her. Her name is ellymayrans.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  6. ullmankat

Jun 6, 2015
    Ok thank you

7. new 2 pfowl

new 2 pfowl Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2012
    California
    That's strange, @ellymayRans spends time here in the Pea Department and it doesn't look like she told us anything about this whole rescue operation... [​IMG]
    @ullmankat , it's probably best if you PM her directly.
    Peapeople, if you are interested in this: https://www.gofundme.com/peafowlrescue2015

8. Frenchman Creek

Frenchman Creek Chillin' With My Peeps

I see peachicks offered for sale in the southbend cl. They are ib and listed on 10/14. There are also four month old peachicks listed in the northwest suburbs. There are pea hens listed in others Indiana cities.

9. Hholly

Hholly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2015
    Amo, IN
  10. ellymayRans

ellymayRans Chillin' With My Peeps

I just have been a little busy and had started to try opening a new thread so I wasn't "loitering" in our pea threads but had trouble with using the mobile version. ;)

Thanks @hholly for posting the link.

I did reach out to consult @castorpony before I jumped into it just to make sure I was taking all things into consideration.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by