1. There is currently a quarantine in place in the area surrounding and containing the Southern California counties of Los Angeles County and Riverside County for Virulent Newcastle Disease. The quarantine strictly restricts movements of poultry, eggs, supplies and other items that can spread vND. Please do not list items for sale originating from either county without written permission from the CDFA. Please see here for more details

ISO *Already Laying* Hens near Knightdale, NC

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by kjshearon, May 23, 2019.

1. kjshearon

kjshearon Hatching

May 23, 2019
    ISO- 5-6 laying hens.

Looking for egg color variety. Preference to green, chocolate and blue layers. Nearer to Knightdale, NC but willing to travel a little. Legbar, Ameraucana, Marans, EE, Orpington, Whitings would be cool but no major preference as i'm looking for a nice variety of egg colors, not necessarily as concerned with breeds. Full sized, no bantams unless its a silkie :)

THANK YOU!

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    :welcome Post this in the NC state thread, and perhaps someone there knows of a source.

3. kjshearon

kjshearon Hatching

May 23, 2019
    Thanks! Can you direct me to that thread. I looked and didn’t see anything by state :)

4. tn_artist

tn_artist Songster

Apr 29, 2009
    Wilson, NC
    I have 5 silkies that should start laying in the next month or two. 5 white, 1 buff. I'm in Wilson. I have three that are a month younger also, 1 each of black, blue and buff. Willing to deal, I have way too many birds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: