1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

ISO Appenzeller Spitzhauben Hatching eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by sugarstark, Nov 14, 2015.

1. sugarstark

sugarstark Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2015
    Hudson Valley New York
    I am desperately seeking ASpitz hatching eggs, all varieties just pure lines.
    Green fire Farms has completely ignored all my attempts.
    Please someone out there!
    If you don't have hatching eggs but some young birds and live in NY please contact me as well!!!
    Thank you.
    The price is negotiable, just put something.
    Kate

2. XxMingirlxX

XxMingirlxX Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  3. Metella

Metella Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2013
    I was posting to see if there was any interest :) Toe in the water ! [​IMG]

PM if there is interest ...

By the way - I live in Vermont - so not too far at all !!!!

:)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  4. showinbirds

showinbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    COLUMBUS, KS

5. CackleberryFrm

CackleberryFrm New Egg

Dec 11, 2015
    West Central Louisiana
    Hello,
    We have Appenzellar Spitzhauben. My girls are taking a short break but I expect them to start laying again pretty soon. We are NPIP certified. Contact me if you would like to be put on our waiting list.

We also have Blue Laced Red Wyandottes, Silver Laced Wyandottes, English Orpingtons, LF Cochin, Coronation Sussex, French Black Copper Maran, Maraduna Basquehen, Light Brahma, Polish, Silkies and Olive eggers (FBCM and Cochin over Ameraucana hens).

6. sugarstark

sugarstark Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2015
    Hudson Valley New York
    Unfortunately I think it'll be too cold (and the postal services are jammed for the holidays) for any shipping right now. I would love to be able to reach out to you in a month or spit you think that's possible and see hat you have. I will be hoping to keep just a pretty assortment of laying hens and possibly and show trio of spitz

7. showinbirds

showinbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    COLUMBUS, KS
    Eggs don't freeze until 29°. As long as they don't freeze they usually hatch.

8. Metella

Metella Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2013
    Well - I think surgarstark is right - showinbirds says eggs may come through and that is true, but adds yet one more risk to the processes -but shipping is so hard on them anyway -and as a seller now - I agonize over every unhatched egg - like a black eye to the reputation I am trying to build - and with shipping usually being more than the cost of the eggs - and all the time to wrap well .... and someone else mentioned how this time of year is about the worse time to ship eggs ....

I wish pick ups or meetings to exchange the eggs were easier.

9. joydix

joydix Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2015
    West Sonoma County
    Spitzhauen club of america in on FB and they have many people who have fine lines and sell. great group

10. demikitten

demikitten Out Of The Brooder

Jun 14, 2015
    CrazyTalk on here has them. He's been great to work with thus far, ill be picking up eggs this weekend :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by