ISO: Bantam eggs specifically Mille Fleur-try me

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by coffeemama, Mar 19, 2008.

1. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    I am looking for some hatching eggs from show stock mille fleur bantams, but would consider other bantam breeds. I want eggs from someone who shows their birds(and does well)-not just a backyard breeder. It would be ideal if they were on the west coast somewhere to minimize shipping times. Does anybody know anyone??
    Thanks! [​IMG]

2. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    [​IMG] bumping. anyone?

3. hazelton farms

hazelton farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    Mille fleur what? Bantam cochins or bantam d'uccles? I know there's quite a few people with the d'uccles on here and at least one (Tate) with the cochins....

Stacy

4. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    There are quite a few who have nice Mille Fleurs (I assume Duccle) on here. Look for lots of spots. You should be able to find someone selling eggs. [​IMG]

5. hazelton farms

hazelton farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    I'd kill for some of those mille fleur standard orp. eggs they have overseas! Those are the most awesome birds EVER!

Stacy

6. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    I have never seen a picture of those- wait I take that back-Do they call them Joubalee color!? Bad spelling

Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  7. Mr. Ree

Mr. Ree Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    South Central, KY
    Alot of backyard breeders take pride in their birds and some have some very good stock in theor back yard, not just hatchery birds. So maybe you should just ask for pics of the birds in question before purchasing anything from the breeder?

~Casey

8. Hope0491

Hope0491 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    VA/PA
    I agree with CaseyRee - I am considered a "backyard breeder" because I have not shown any of birds.... yet. heh!

But, I have bought all show quality birds.. my silkie lines come directly from Hattrick, Harvest Breeze Farm and FlufNStuff and my cochins came directly from Judy Gantt.

I did just buy a pair of show d'Uccles - I actually can't get them until the first week of April because they are at a show.. lol.. and I just bought 2 d'Uccle hens that are show quality. All 4 of them are Millies.

So, I would suggest to just look at pics and decide for yourself on Q. [​IMG] There are a lot of backyard breeders here that have BEAUTIFUL birds!!

~Lacey

9. theskyisfalling

theskyisfalling Out Of The Brooder

Feb 26, 2008
    I am so in love with thses birds i have been looking for the CITROEN Mille Fleurs, OMG they are sooooooooo gorgious.
    sooooooooooo if anyone knows where i might find some???????hMmmmmmm

10. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Assuming you are looking for Mille Fleur d'Uccle hatching eggs, I have a nice little pair [​IMG]
    I do show them; and actually, for some reason, the only show they have not done well in was the County Fair [​IMG]... they have gotten all the way to Reserve Class Champion in the "real" (APA sanctioned) shows [​IMG]
    You can see pictures and prices on my website - http://www.freewebs.com/gracefulbantams/

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by