1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

ISO building plans

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by WestVermont, Jan 4, 2013.

1. WestVermont

WestVermont Out Of The Brooder

Dec 27, 2012
    Bennington, Vermont
    I am looking for some blue prints or plans for various types of chicken housing so I can decide what suits my needs and hopefully build it. Does anyone have any they can share! I will need something that suits a large flock and something medium or small to use for breeding and to set my mother up with some laying hens at her place she only wants a few chickens to keep it affordable.

2. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Have you checked ebay? I bought several plans from there. I also got the black and decker book about contemporary sheds. A few of them would make fabulous coops with minor adjustments.

3. chfite

chfite Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2011
    Taylors, SC
  4. WestVermont

WestVermont Out Of The Brooder

Dec 27, 2012
    Bennington, Vermont
    chfite ..... thank you that is one I've actually have not seen and would work well for me for my smaller breeding coops.

5. maryhysong

maryhysong Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2012
    Claypool, Arizona
    google 'poultry house plans' and you should turn up dozens of plans from the USDA for everything from a backyard flock to several hundred bird commercial facility

6. CluckAcres

CluckAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2012
    Silver Lake, Indiana
    You can always skip buying the plans and build the coop like you would a shed. Thats if you know how. lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by