ISO Ducks/Breeders in Colorado

PirateGirl

Chicken Lover, Duck Therapist
6 Years
Mar 11, 2017
South Park, Colorado, USA
I'm looking to get some ducks in Colorado in the spring. I'd prefer to skip having a brooder in my house and get some fully feathered ducks age 2 years or less. I will drive within the state and pick them up. Northern NM is an option too. Looking for Pekins or Metzer's white layers (or something similiar), runners, Swedish, laying breeds. If anyone knows of breeders (or farmers that buy hatchery stock in bulk, raise them, and sell them) in CO and/or has feedback regarding good/bad experiences with them please send me some info. Thanks!

Hey there! I'm up in Greeley and I'm going to be using J and T feed. They will be ordering the ducklings through a hatchery.... I don't know if that's relevant, but they have a HUGE variety! They even have magpie, witch I'm REALLY excited about! Magpie ducks are small and lay up to 290 each year. I think that's pretty good... Anyways, If it's worth your drive from wherever you are, this sounds like a pretty good deal!

Hey there! I'm up in Greeley and I'm going to be using J and T feed. They will be ordering the ducklings through a hatchery.... I don't know if that's relevant, but they have a HUGE variety! They even have magpie, witch I'm REALLY excited about! Magpie ducks are small and lay up to 290 each year. I think that's pretty good... Anyways, If it's worth your drive from wherever you are, this sounds like a pretty good deal!

Thanks! I will look into this.
ansk

Cool! SHe told me that I have to order them first thing in January and then they will come sometime in March. Btw, do you knwo of anywhere to buy brewers yeast? Even a website???

Still looking for ducks in Colorado.

I prefer not to order ducklings online. I'm only looking for 3-5 ducks and with the regularity they shut down the highway I'm afraid they will be lost in transit. The mail delivery in the mountains is terrible.

Pekins, Blue/Black Swedish, Buffs

Any leads would be appreciated. I am willing to drive to pick them up.

Check out the Colorado poultry FB group. Seems to be a decent amount of duck owners in that group.
Bunch on Denver CL. Nice sounding lot of 10 in Parker.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom