1. There is currently a quarantine in place in the area surrounding and containing the Southern California counties of Los Angeles County and Riverside County for Virulent Newcastle Disease. The quarantine strictly restricts movements of poultry, eggs, supplies and other items that can spread vND. Please do not list items for sale originating from either county without written permission from the CDFA. Please see here for more details

ISO silkies in Houston area

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by Jen-Brd, Jul 16, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Jen-Brd

Jen-Brd In the Brooder

Aug 29, 2016
    I would prefer a set of older laying hens but would also Be interested in purchasing some straight run chicks. Thanks
    Jen

2. Texas Kiki

Texas Kiki TwatterSpotter

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
  3. SunHwaKwon

SunHwaKwon Crowing

Jul 19, 2015
    Coastal Bend, TX
    No, I hadn't, until you mentioned it. I have a trio of Legbars and a trio of Penedesencas from her. They are decent birds and we're worth the 8 hour drive, imo. I got them before they were pox vaccinated. I usually don't buy Marek's vaccinated birds but Penedesencas are hard to come by and I decided to get the Legbars since I was there anyway and it was such a long trip.

Texas Kiki likes this.
  4. Texas Kiki

Texas Kiki TwatterSpotter

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
    She mail orders her birds and resells them.
    There are a few people here on BYC that have bought sick birds from her.

5. SunHwaKwon

SunHwaKwon Crowing

Jul 19, 2015
    Coastal Bend, TX
    Yeah I knew most of her birds are hatchery sourced (though her legbars are from a local breeder using Greenfire and Jill Rees lines). I've done the same, it saves people from having to meet minimums and deal with shipping deaths, and I grow out the bantams so people can buy them sexed.

As far as sick birds, I take that knowledge with a grain of salt since some things are unpreventable and unpredictable. Her grow out coops were pretty overcrowded when I went but she said she hadn't been open for sales due to illness so she had a lot more birds than usual. :idunno

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: