ISO: Wheels for portable coop (nebraski)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Laskaland, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    Hi Friends!
    I built a portable coop, but the only wheels I can find at the moment are too small- more like lawnmower wheels.
    Anyone have at least a pair of extra ones that might work? I'm guessing 10" would work. Bigger the better. I don;t need them to lug anything heavy- coop is PVC piping.
    Thanks!
    Christina

2. Chickenfortress

Chickenfortress Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    If you're looking for something on the cheap side, I would suggest a trip to a thrift store. You can pick up a childs bicycle or a golf bag with wheels that will work at a very easy to handle price. The folding golf bags have the advantage that the existing axles can be modified easily to reattach to a new structure. Drill out the rivets, and use the holes for screws or bolts. I have a good thrift store nearby, And I'm here in nebraska too. If you're rural, and the trip to town is a bit taxing, I can grab a set for you. That would save you multiple trips to look.

3. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    EXcellent idea! I will see what I can find. I am near Columbus so I will see what the Goodwill has.
    GREAT. Thanks!

4. New2Peeps

New2Peeps Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Also check at mower repair shops. Our local one has a 55 gallon drum full of used wheels and gives them away.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by