Isolated Birds

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by mustangsaguaro, Jan 13, 2008.

1. mustangsaguaro

mustangsaguaro Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    San Martin, Ca
    I have 3 new chickens I got about 2-2 1/2 weeks ago. Well yesterday I was gone all day and when I got home somehow my isolated birds got in w/ the rest of my flock. Not sure how long they were w/ the rest of my flock. Anyways, I had them in isolation b/c I wanted to make sure they didn't have any diseases or anything before putting them in w/ the rest of my birds. I was going to isolate them for 30 days. I know they did have external parasites as 2 of the 3 of them had red irritated skin. Which I did treat for that 2x. Anyways, know that these 3 birds got in w/ the rest of my flock should I still keep them isolated for the remainder of the 30 days or should I now just go ahead and let them run altogether? My original flock free ranges during the day and then I lock them up at night. The 3 isolated ones I do lock up at night, and then during the day I put them outside in an area away from my other birds so they can at least move around during the day. What would you all do in this situation?

Thanks

2. Josie

Josie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    California
    I think I would still keep them separate, just like you had planned.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by