Issac and Lil Bit/Pepper babies - Del pictures

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Yard full o' rocks, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Yard full o' rocks

Yard full o' rocks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Cartersville, Georgia
    Here are a couple of quick pictures from this morning of my Issac and Pepper/Lil Bit Delaware babies. Some were still "snuggled up" in the back of the coop underneath the light (pretty cool here this morning....36 deg)

There are 13 total and they are growing like crazy. All are looking good except for one....she is still completely "blonde" with no barring beginning to show anywhere. I'm hoping she'll grow out of it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Have a great Thursday!!

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Hi, Scott! Wait on the one with no markings. There will be some tail black coming in at a certain point, I'm betting. Gracie's tail black is underneath, but is finally coming in at 17 weeks old. She had several barred tail feathers, they molted out a week or so ago, and she has a properly rounded pullet's tail that looks white till you see what's coming in under there.

3. Shannon's Chix

Shannon's Chix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    N.E. Florida
    [​IMG] Oh I'm so jealous![​IMG]

4. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    They look so good. I have one with very little markings at 10 weeks old but Cyn keeps telling me just to wait because she is still gonna change.

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

They will get more (usually do), but the ones with no or almost no markings will be, at the most, lightly marked. My Maxie is almost completely white herself, but she has good type and a nice, straight comb, so she stays in the breeding pool.

6. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Nothing like a fresh new morning!

7. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

YAY!!! New photos for the family album! Love those little Dellies!
    Scott, thanks for sharing!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by