Issues with Custom Incubators

ruralmom

Songster
13 Years
Aug 14, 2009
NW Colorado
I am posting this in hopes of my order being filled and not to be closed by mediators. I am not calling this company a scam, but I am questioning the business practices of this company. I placed an order with Custom Incubators the first week of Feb. I know what you are all thinking and I am humiliated that I did not check out this company more before sending off my hard earned money. The personal check was cashed by this company on 02/10/2012 (statement shows). After not hearing from said company for a week or two I PMed said company from this forum and got a reply that there was a back order on the fans but otherwise my large trunk incubator was done. I thanked Thamas for the update and waited. Well three PMs and 3-4 cell phones messages later, that all have gone unanswered, just for a status update, I have yet to recieve anything. Yes, I do realize I put my faith in mankind and the honesty of people, but yet again to only wonder if we as human beings, have all gone to POT! All I want is the product I payed for. I do know that this may be frowned upon by the mediators, but my only intent is to warn others when dealing with this company. In this day and age of social media and how may people can be reached via the computer you would think companies such as this one would try a bit harder with customer service. I have communicated with others from this forum who have gotten his products and so far when and if orders are filled his products do work. So why pick and choose customers orders to fill remains a mystory to me. I hope my fellow BYCers will heed my warning! I will continue to pursue getting my bator and will gladly post a review of Custom Incubators products IF I ever get what I payed for. Please be kind in your replys, I am now trying to figure out how I am going to fill my chick orders I have without an incubator. For those of you who think, 'I can make one for what she spend on that bator' I say to you, I am challenged in the building department and cannot hammer. I know my limitations and building things from scratch is one of them. Now hatch out a clutch of call ducks I can do! Thanks.

Not that this will help you now but there is another BYC member that makes custom bators, user name is mohobilly, real name is ray. Shoot him a PM and see if he can do a better job for you. I haven't seen any negative comments about him and he's been making them for quite a while.

Not that this will help you now but there is another BYC member that makes custom bators, user name is mohobilly, real name is ray. Shoot him a PM and see if he can do a better job for you. I haven't seen any negative comments about him and he's been making them for quite a while.

Yes, I don't know how much he charges, but if you can get your money back I would ask him. Instead of light bulbs for heat that the customincubator guys do, he uses a GQF heat coil, with a quality fan, not a desk fan. I don't know about his egg turners, but I am quite positive that he makes incubators with turners.

Reason you can't find anything about my incubators is because most people only post when there is something negative to post, and as most of the incubators I have built over the past 30 years are still being used, they have nothing to complain about unless it would be their 99% hatch rate
wink.png

The only ones I know of that i built that are not being used have been either in a flood, tornado or fire.
ep.gif

You are correct in that aspect, but I would post something positive if I get the chance to get my bator and if not, I would like the chance to see some of your bators, Mohillbilly. Please PM me if you have any pics of your products. I have two turning still in the box, and several dozen chicken and duck eggs just waiting to be put in a bator.

Update: Another email sent and another voice message left for Customincubators.com. Still nothing. I will persist in my efforts to get the bator. I am thinking road trip!!!! Had to start a Hova bator with 42 eggs this afternoon.

Hey, there is mohobilly! Hey Ray, how about posting your website address on this thread so folks can see your products.

I would but I don't have a web site, my business has been mostly advertised by word of mouth ....I may build a site once I finish repairing storm damage here my place...but I will be posting pics on here of the one I'm building now showing how I build them and what they can look like when finished.

Mo,

Do you make small incubators? I would like something to hatch a couple dozen eggs max. I can't imagine I would ever do more than that. However, I know with chicken math...

Anyway I would love some information.

Caj1985

Back
Top Bottom