Issues with New Brinsea Incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by michelle43, Feb 10, 2011.

1. michelle43

michelle43 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2011
    Vermont
    Hi Everyone-

I was so excited to receive my new Brinsea Octagon 20EX today only to open it up and realize that they didn't pack the rocker base bars and that the top of the incubator had a broken 'v' piece where the plastic tubing inserts into the incubator. Anybody ever deal with Brinsea and returning products???

Really Bummed about it and I need to get it fixed soon. Lots of rare eggs on the way next month.[​IMG]

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Brinsea Customer Service is excellent. Get you serial number for that 'bator handy, and call 'em.

3. jm93030

jm93030 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    Sorry to hear that

I just got mine

Brinsea 20 EX with pump

The tubes for the turner were on top of all the items
    first thing to see when I opened the box

You Should Call them now

Keep Us posted

4. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    So glad to hear they have good customer service, I've got a Brinsea Octagon 20 coming in the mail........

5. michelle43

michelle43 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2011
    Vermont
    Thanks everyone! I called earlier about the missing base bars, before I noticed the broken plastic on the bottom of the incubator top. I will call them again in the morning. I'm starting to wonder if they gave me a 'returned' unit. The tape was not like the tape on the humidifier unit and there was a dead bug in the bottom of the box....GROSS...I know. Either way, I will be happy for them to just replace it..and quickly. Thanks everyone for your posts! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by