It’s me again… need your opinion

chickenmomma16

Crowing
11 Years
Jul 16, 2012
Buckley, Washington
I’ve been dealing with infertility of an older cock (7yr old Blue Wheaten Ameraucana) I’ve hatched from him before as a cockerel but he went to a friends for years and I ended up with him again.
Anyways, I’ve been setting (well over 100 from his pen) and cracking eggs and nothing is developing and I’m not seeing a definite bullseye. Anyways, I have a broody hen and she sat on eggs in his pen for 48hours. None of the eggs have looked like this from his pen, I’ve seen this before from the other pen that has high fertility and I don’t collect eggs for a day and have a broody.

Excuse the dog dish, if I can’t get out to collect eggs and a broody sits on them more then a day I “dog food” the eggs just to be safe. But this egg caught me by surprise, did he finally hit his mark??? I told myself I wasn’t going to set anymore eggs because I’m 8mo pregnant but if this is fertilized I’m setting ASAP!!! Chicken math here I come! 🤪🤦🏼‍♀️

Attachments

• 926843B0-CA87-4CAF-805D-CF6295CE2D71.jpeg
    926843B0-CA87-4CAF-805D-CF6295CE2D71.jpeg
    199.5 KB · Views: 9
Y’all, I’ve never been so excited to see development in eggs before!!!!!!! They haven’t been in there a week yet but I see development in a few eggs! Looks like only one hen is laying fertilized eggs. It’s gonna be a super small hatch but I’ll take anything I can get from this boy!!!! :celebrate

Back
Top Bottom