It about darn time.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Razadia, May 16, 2011.

1. Razadia

Razadia The Odd One

Apr 7, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I finally got my eggs into an incubator! A good friend of ours that lives just down the road from us is incubating my eggs for me. [​IMG] I might be able to talk someone into getting me one now, if I don't manage to get an incubator on my own. [​IMG] Even though I don't get to hatch them myself, I'm still super happy. He had room for a whole dozen and guess what? I had a whole dozen. [​IMG] I'm just really, really happy. When those hatch I can take more to him. He doesn't expect anything in return and he told my dad as much. Most likely we'll end up giving him chicks. I guess this is his way of paying my dad back for all the things he's done for him over the years.... and the fact that we gave him a roo once. We found out today that a coyote got the roo. He knows we'll give him another if he wants. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  2. scottfarm

scottfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2010
    MILL CREEK, WV
    you really do not want your own incubator,, it is very habit forming.. we have over 100 chic's now , just sold about 120 this weekend and still hatching... we are what is called a hatchaholic hahahaha
    so far since they started laying eggs we have hatched over 300..

good luck.. try not to get addicted..[​IMG]

3. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    Quote:x2 There's no going back now! [​IMG]

4. Razadia

Razadia The Odd One

Apr 7, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama
    [​IMG] That's the point. I'm already addicted to chickens. Why not take it a step further so I can force my dad to build the new pen? [​IMG] I already have him convinced that we need a brooder so we can cut down on chick death. Since he saw our friend's incubator I think he might be easily swayed in that direction now. [​IMG] I want to buy my own though. Me and my dad are always arguing over who's chickens they are. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by