It been a crazy weekend

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by tinakevin, Sep 18, 2016.

1. tinakevin

tinakevin Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2015
    New hampahire
    So this weekend has been crazy. I am trying to intergrate 2 separate flocks. Then my 5 month old Silkie went broody but I do not want chicks right now so I bought a rabbit cage to try to break her. I had her in it for 2 days and tried to let her out. Nope back to the empty nest she went she's not even sitting on eggs but on her mind she is. Then my brown leghorn went missing on Thursday. I looked everywhere for her to no avail. She showed up Saturday morning to eat and drink then she disappears again only to do the same thing this morning. I'm thinking she's setting on eggs. Did they not tell her she's a leghorn and not supposed to go broody. And I guess she didn't get the memo that I don't want chicks lol. Oh well just another crazy weekend at the fluffy butt corral lol.

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Yeah, when they go broody they can be amazingly stealthy...they find a secluded spot and clam up. What kind of rooster do you have?

3. tinakevin

tinakevin Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2015
    New hampahire
    He is a partridge Silkie. I have seen him mate her several times. Will be some interesting babies for sure

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by